Wednesday 4 December 2013

Day 338. It's a wonderful life.


Now the festive season can begin. Officially. Yes, I know you were all waiting for me to give you permission to embrace the Christmas spirit...

Tonight, for the first time, I saw It's a Wonderful Life on the big screen at this truly glorious cinema we have in King's Lynn. A black tie/period dress event, we were welcomed with sherry and mince pies and even the pre-show adverts were those people would have watched when the film was originally released.

It was a delight to watch in a theatre. And I cried. Again. I always do and it was a joyous moment when everyone applauded at the end.

I'm now on a mission to engage more with The Majestic Cinema - vintage evenings are definitely the way forward for diversification.

And cheesy as it may be, it really is a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment