Saturday 14 December 2013

Day 348. Macarons & More.


Firstly I'm thrilled this isn't called More Than Macarons. My friend Andrew would be enraged if it was. Just ask him about More Than insurance, then stand back and watch him go.

I finally decided to do some Christmas shopping, in Norwich, with a clear list. Forty minutes in and I was still discovering the joys of the lanes when I found this place. Beautiful inside and out. £20 later and I had made my first purchase. Unfortunately it wasn't on the list and it wasn't a gift. Less than successful.

Next stop The Tannery, a place that assaults your nostrils with the most sensational leather aroma - again, no present purchased here. Just browsing, for me.

A jewellers, still in the lanes, was my next stop where I tried on an exquisite aquamarine ring. I managed to spend fifteen minutes of chatter with the assistant convincing myself I was thinking about my sisters. She knew. I knew. Presents on list - 0. Treats for the Honeybones - 4.

I did finally check my list and the enormity of my task kickstarted some action. All family presents were purchased, a few of them I'l be reluctant to hand over; work gifts were sorted and I gathered a few more ideas for my own wish list.

All in all, a pretty good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment