Monday 30 December 2013

Day 364. Inside the wall.


We're ending the year with a trip to the North East. Three days in Winter, on the NE coast, with three children means finding indoor activities for when the weather is just too miserable for outdoor entertainment.

A trip to the local climbing wall seemed a good idea. It was left to me to find the number and a quick google brought up one in Byker with a kids training session available in the afternoon. Off we headed in two cars. When we arrived to confirm the booking it transpired we'd booked at a different centre because I'd mistaken the description of the place for its name.

Fortunately the other one was just a few minutes drive away otherwise we'd have missed our slot. Next time I'm asked to find the contact details for a venue I don't know, I think I'll just double check it's the right place before we head off...

These little monkeys (continuing the theme from yesterday's post) had a ball and the consensus was that this was actually more fun than the centre where you climb on ropes. And we got to head inside the Byker Wall which reminded me of a place in Liverpool close to where I grew up. Success, even if it was accidental rather than planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment