Saturday 21 December 2013

Day 355. Happy and sad.


As is usual in December we're receiving a lot of parcels. I opened one today to find a number of photos of my Dad. After crying several tears I was touched to find that he had kept some pictures of his wedding to my Mum. Only 2 people in this one are still alive - my Mum and my maternal Grandmother in turquoise.

There were also several photos of my Dad during his time with his partner Rita. Hard for me to believe they were together 18 years and yet I never met her or him during that time. At least I now have a clear image of how he looked in the years before he died and will one day soon add his image to the collection of family pictures around our house. But not just yet. It's still painful when I see him, even writing this post makes me teary. I don't really look like him but Bea with her blonde hair and blue eyes has clearly inherited his genes. She may never have met her other Grandad but I hope one day she'll learn more about him from her Uncle and her Aunt.


No comments:

Post a Comment